Black Cloud Stormchasers Network

Discussion
  • Goose Fajitas and Grilled Marinated Dove

This is actually two of my favorite wild game recipes i like to prepare. The first one is the Goose Fajitas. The recipe for this can be found on the DU website along with a preparation and cooking video. Here is the recipe for the Sizzling Goose Fajitas.

Ingredients

•  4 goose breast fillets, skin on or off
    • 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
    • 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into
    • 1/4-inch-thick rings
    • 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
    • 1/3 cup tequila (or substitute orange juice)
    • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
    • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 teaspoon cumin
    • 1 teaspoon ground oregano
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • salsa
    • warm flour tortillas
    • lime wedges

1. Place goose breast fillets in a shallow plastic or glass container. Arrange red onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño over goose. In a bowl, combine tequila with the next seven ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture over goose, onions, and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning often.

2. Pour off and discard marinade. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add goose and brown evenly on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Add onions and peppers, and cook until onions are translucent. 

3. Remove goose breast when still medium-rare. Allow to rest for a few minutes and then slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Arrange sliced meat on plates, top with onions and peppers, and serve with salsa, tortillas, and lime wedges.

The next recipe is a very easy one. Grilled Marinated Dove, I think it is actually called Italian Breasted Dove. This recipe is the one I fabricated.
    Ingredients
    Bacon
    Dove breast halves (number doesnt matter you will know how much marinade to use)
    Italian Dressing 
    Tabasco(or your favorite hot sauce)
    Black Pepper
    After you breast the doves, put them in a bowl and cover with ice for about 45 minutes. Then, put breast filets in a ziploc bag or bowl. Pour in enough Italian Dressing to generously coat the meat. Add as much Tabasco or whatever hot sauce you prefer into the bag. Add a little fresh black pepper and seal the ziploc bag. Work the dove inside of the bag until all of the dove meat is evenly coated. Let doves marinade for about 45 minutes. While the dove is marinating, put some toothpicks into a bowl of water (wet as many toothpicks as needed for the breast halves, this will prevent the toothpicks from catching on fire while on the grill). Take the breasts out of the marinade and rap each halve in a half strip of bacon and secure them with the toothpicks. Cook on a grill (charcoal or gas, whichever you like) at 350-400 degrees. When the bacon is cooked to where it is slightly charred, the bird will have a small hint of pink in the center. 

Recent Replies
  • Re: Goose Fajitas and Grilled Marinated Dove

I'll be trying this on the weekend, sounds very tastie!

• Profile Image
    • By RThunder
    • Guide
    • 4 years ago
    • 1265 Posts
      • RThunder's stats:
      • Guide
      • 132210points
      • Male
      • Lodi,WI
      • Yahoo: RThunder's Yahoo
      • AIM: RThunder's AIM
  • Re: Goose Fajitas and Grilled Marinated Dove

You really need a lot more Te-kill-ya than that, got to make the cook happy! Going to see about this one soon.

Terms of Service

mock rpx login link